Moving to Sydney
Sydney is an exciting hub of activity – the cosmopolitan heart of Australia with something for everybody! Moving to Sydney, however, can be a difficult process. Here are a few of our key hints and tips for the big move.
Living in Sydney
Are you after the ultimate Bondi Beach party pad? Perhaps a hip studio apartment within cycling distance of the city’s best cafes? Or maybe a gorgeous family home in one of Sydney’s colourful inner city suburbs? Whatever you are after, here are a few sites we have found that will no doubt make your search for your Sydney home much easier:
- Real Estate.com.au
- Easy Roommate – Sydney Share Accommodation
- NSW Government Fair Trading – Tenants and Home Owners
Working in Sydney
“Pounding the pavement” to look for a job in Sydney is a huge task. Instead, why not sit yourself down at one of Newtown’s many boutique cafes with a cappucino and browse the employment sites below:
Some more tips…
- For all information on Sydney public transport, see Transport Info
- If you are moving interstate, don’t forget to transfer your driver’s license.
- Do you have school aged children? Australianschoolsdirectory.com.au is a great place to start researching schools in the Sydney area.
- By contacting Australia Post and redirecting your mail to your new address as soon as possible, you can avoid any confusion for yourself and for the new occupants of your former address.
- City of Sydney and the NSW Tourism – Sydney websites are two other great resources for information in Sydney.